Given that the cubes were difficult to assemble for people with no cognitive impairment i needed a method to simplify the exercise. I have made three mock up’s of potential colour variations. Each side of the jigsaw could have an individual colour. From these mockups i think the first one would be most aesthetically pleasing but still involve some level of difficulty. I have also added potential colour palates for the four sides of the jigsaw.
I need to test this method to see if the time taken to assemble the jigsaw decreases. If the time taken to assemble the jigsaw remains similar to the first trail i will need to consider option one or two with a larger percentage of the jigsaw being coloured.